Wednesday, July 21, 2010

dysentery

So today was the day for Sam's four month vaccinations.  I always HATE this time because there is sooo much conflict concerning vaccinations.  We have vaccinated both Ben and Sam and have done ENDLESS research on both sides.  The conclusion we have arrived at is pro-vaccination.  I know this subject is HUGELY controversial so that is NOT what this post is about.  This is about a great friend saying the right thing at the right time. 

I was sitting in the waiting room this morning for Sam's appointment.  We had been waiting for about 30 minutes and had still not been called so I called my friend, Abbie, who was graciously watching Ben for me to let her know that it was going to be awhile.  We chatted for a bit and I told her how much I don't like shot appointments. I said, "I hate holding him while he is getting the shots. It makes me sad." She said, "Well, at least you are not holding him while he has dysentery." Ha! My kind of humor!  It was what I  needed to hear at that moment.  So, here's to good friends that say exactly what you need to hear....and that watch your incredibly active, energetic, sometimes-likes-to-talk-back-and-cause-trouble-by-getting out-all-of-your-cleaning-supplies son. Thankful for you today, Abbie.

1 comment:

Abbie said...

Thankful for you, too! And for your cleaning-product-pouring-out son, who is really such a sweetie. :-)